Interlibrary Loan Request
With this form you can request a regular or large print book, music on cassette or CD, audio book, or movie on VHS or DVD from a library outside the Lewis & Clark Library System.
Interlibrary Loan Policy
- A maximum of 6 requests at any time. A request is considered active from the time it is initiated until three days after the material is returned.
- The library is unable to borrow bound periodicals
(magazines), but will request photocopies on microfilm. An accurate citation is required before the request can be made.
- ILL cannot borrow items printed before 1800. We will try to borrow these materials in reprint or microform, if available.
- Patrons owing fines of $5.00 or more and/or lost materials may not request interlibrary loans until the fines have been reduced, a payment plan is in place, and/or the lost materials are cleared. The library will not process ILL requests for patrons with overdue ILL materials.
- I understand materials must be returned by their due date to
avoid late charges. Some materials can be renewed and some cannot; make sure you use the checkout period wisely.
- The library will request spoken word audio, including language
instruction on tape or CD, as well as movies on VHS or DVD, and music on CD or cassette.
- Copyright laws apply to all interlibrary loans.
New Fee Policy
- Postage Fees: The library currently does not charge for postage.
- Lending Library Fees: The library will always try to borrow items from libraries that lend free of charge. If a free source is not available, the patron will be required to pay the charges. The patron will be notified and given opportunity to decline the requested materials and the lending library fees.